Executive Director of IAO
Individual Artists of Oklahoma
Under the direction of the Individual Artists of Oklahoma (IAO) Board of Directors, the IAO Executive Director leads the organization in financial growth, long-range planning, community relations and the overall administration of the organization in accordance with the IAO mission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Understands and embraces the IAO mission;
- Ensures the consistent achievement of the organization’s mission and financial objectives;
- Works in conjunction with the finance committee and outside financial professionals to manage the organization’s finances, including the maintenance of an accounting system, daily bookkeeping and other financial accounting activities, ie, ledger posting, income statements, payroll, taxes and bank deposits;
- Effectively and efficiently directs the organization, including the management of the organization’s day-to-day operations;
- Provides professional support to assigned committees, to include meeting attendance and input;
- Develops and supervises a strong volunteer workforce;
- Fulfills all Board directives in a timely manner;
- Hours are adjusted to accommodate gallery hours, public relations, community outreach and evening events.
- Focuses on fundraising, community relations and strong leadership to the organization’s Board and volunteer base;
- Is instrumental in working with the Board to identify and pursue the organization’s short-term and long-term goals;
Four year Bachelor degree from an accredited university. Equivalent experience considered;
- A minimum of 3 years experience in nonprofit management or related field;
- Ability to fundraise successfully;
- A solid background in administrative management, including staff and volunteer management;
- A strong understanding of the organization’s mission
- A strong appreciation for experimental and thought-provoking art;
- Computer proficiency to include membership and financial databases, websites, social networking and MS Office;
- The ability to fulfill the organization’s mission with open, cooperative communication with IAO members, volunteers, the Board of Directors, prospective and current donors, artists and the community;
- Capacity to work with senior level corporate, civic, small businesses, philanthropic and public sector officials;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent group presentation skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and demands effectively.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled and must include a cover letter, resume and two references. Please email to email@example.com. For more details on the position, please visit IAOgallery.org.