Executive Director of Oklahoma City Ballet
Opening for a Professional to Join a Leading Regional Dance Company
Over the last five years the Oklahoma City Ballet has experienced rejuvenation under the artistic direction of Robert Mills. The 2012-2013 season, the company’s 41st, includes both cutting edge contemporary ballets and the first performance of the full length Swan Lake by the Oklahoma City Ballet. The professional School of Dance is growing as well as our free community programs. The Oklahoma City Ballet seeks an energetic and experienced marketing and business professional to continue the growth and development of this exciting non-profit organization.
The Executive Director should demonstrate a high level of financial acuity, including the development and implementation of budgets for the ballet company and the school, excellent skills in development, and exceptional organizational skills.
Primary responsibilities for the Executive Director include:
- Maintaining financial systems and accountability
- Fundraising from current and prospective sources
- Managing and mentoring of the business and development staff
- Structuring productive business relationship with an Artistic Director
- Executing reporting and communication requirements for the Board of Trustees
Desirable characteristics for the Executive Director include:
- The Executive Director is not required to have a background related to dance; however, he/she should have or be willing to develop an appreciation.
- The Executive Director should be a visionary and plan for the future.
- The Executive Director should serve as an ambassador and always be mindful of representing the OKC Ballet in a professional manner to donors, other arts organizations and the general public.
- The Executive Director should be a strong communicator capable of motivating internal and external audiences.
- The Executive Director should have solid organizational skills and computer skills to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The Executive Director should be a positive and committed individual.
- The Executive Director is a direct report to the Oklahoma City Ballet Board of Trustees as is the Artistic Director of the organization. The two executives have a business relationship to execute the mission of the organization.
In conclusion, the Executive Director must be organized, resourceful, and ethical. He/she must be a great leader with the ability to develop programs and actions that support the mission of the Oklahoma City Ballet. He/She should have fundraising skills necessary to increase individual, corporate, and foundation funds with the development team. The Executive Director must be diplomatic and tenacious with the ability to set and push boundaries as well as set long-term business goals. He/She should have the skills necessary to train and lead the business side of the organization.
Salary and Benefits
The OKC Ballet will offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the applicant’s experience and background.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Dr. Susan E. Brackett, Chair ED Search Committee
4517 Memorial Circle
Oklahoma City, OK 73142
Or submit a cover letter and resume electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can be submitted electronically as well. Please expect email responses to take 72 hours.
The ED Search Committee was established by Board President, Sandra Kirk, and is comprised of dedicated individuals on the Board of the Oklahoma City Ballet. Qualified individuals will be notified regarding the next steps in the interview process.
About Oklahoma City Ballet
Oklahoma City Ballet seeks to inspire its audience through classical and contemporary dance performances, a strong educational program and community service. To find out more about Oklahoma City Ballet, visitwww.okcballet.com