Job Opening: OVAC Operations Manager
The Operations Manager organizes office function and supports volunteer relationships for the Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition and is a key team member of the staff.
Maintain database (Microsoft Access): report and label generation, database entry and supervision, and donor file additions.
Coordinate volunteers: intake and supervision of interns, notes and communications with committees, involvement of new volunteers, lead recruiting, placement and recognition, track participation and retention rates, plan training, and manage yearly committee recruitment.
Manage all activities to facilitate smooth running of the office including: reception duties, maintaining regular office hours, coordinating mailings and distribution of marketing materials, managing of office equipment, and acquiring office supplies.
Program Assistance: duties as needed, part of team for events (some evenings/weekends).
Assist in updating agency website and overseeing online Artist Gallery.
Maintain program records including sponsorships, artist entries, art/ticket sales, memberships, etc.
Creates all schedules, calendars and time lines for production of events and programs.
Team member for all OVAC’s programs, attending and participating in planning as assigned. Reports to Executive Director as required ensuring the success of OVAC programs and services.
- Bachelors degree in art, art history or nonprofit management.
- Acute detail orientation and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent organization, verbal, and written communications.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem-solve.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Collaborative disposition skilled in working as part of productive teams.
- Proficiency in desktop publishing, word processing, email, social media and database programs.
- Aptitude in learning new technology quickly.
- Background in and zeal for the arts.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- 2+ years’ experience in art, art history or nonprofit management.
- Familiarity with WordPress and other content management software.
- Database management capability and/or experience in Microsoft Access.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs regularly.
- Ability to drive.
Position is full time and year round.
Salary commensurate with skills with a starting range of $22,000-$25,000. Benefits include vacation, sick leave, matching retirement program and enrollment in health insurance program. Employee will receive training as needed.
Reports to the Executive Director.
OVAC is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply send resume plus cover letter to: Ms. Holly Moye, Executive Director, 730 W Wilshire, Ste 104, Oklahoma City, OK 73116 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is November 14, 2014.
Artist Opportunities, OVAC Program , Jobs/Internships, OKC Metropolitan Statistical Area